Embedded Delphi Database
TurboDB for VCL is a database for Delphi written in Delphi, which supports a large SQL feature set and offers it through the well-known VCL components for Database, Table, Query and BatchMove. TurboDB for VCL is the perfect replacement for Paradox and dBase to bring up-to-date database technology to your legacy BDE application.
Our Delphi database supports not only all features of those out-dated products but offers a range of additional possibilities as well and makes the migration pain free through compatible interfaces.
Other than with the Embarcadero BDE, there are no components installed in the operating system nor necessary configuration settings. You control the complete database access directly from the application.
TurboDB for VCL consists of our proven database engine, the typical VCL components TdbTable, TdbQuery, TdbDatabase, TdbBatchMove, designers for many versions of Delphi, C++ Builder, Borland/Embarcadero Developer Studio as well as the usual tools with documentation.
The components fit in the development environment in the familiar way and also the programming is identical to the well-known VCL data access components from the BDE.
:: Supported Development Tools
This database engine supports all Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero development environments from version 6 until today. This includes the Turbo editions as well. Exceptions: Delphi 8 and RAD Studio 2003.
Starting with Delphi XE 2, you can also compile true 64-bit applications using TurboDB.
The standard versions of some of the IDEs do not include support for database programming and are therefore not suited for TurboDB for VCL.
For Delphi Prism we recommend our pure .NET database TurboDB for .NET .
:: System Requirements
TurboDB for VCL runs on Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista (32 and 64 bit), Windows 7 (32 and 64 bit) and Windows 8 (32 and 64 bit).
:: Download Trial Edition
Why don't you give it a quick try and test our database for VCL with your project? Download the free evaluation version right now:
TurboDB VCL for Delphi 6, 7, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2010, XE, XE2, XE3 and
C++Builder 6, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2010, XE, XE2, XE3
The trials can be used without any functional restriction for 30 days. For complete information on the trial editions, please refer to "Downloads".
- The complete database library can optionally be compiled into the application and requires less than 1 MB at run-time. In that way, the database is virtually invisible to the end-user.
- Large SQL feature set including DDL, foreign keys, transactions, strong encryption, collations (sorting after the rules of any foreign language) and full-text indexing.
- Entirely programmed in Delphi. Therefore no interfacing problems with ADO, OLE DB, dbExpress etc.
- All the usual VCL data access components are there and work like the ones from the BDE: TTdbDatabase, TTdbTable, TTdbQuery, TTdbBatchMove.
- Wizards for converting BDE databases and for importing any database via ADO.
- Convenient database management tool is including in the package.
- Data can be exchanged with all TurboDB products. Database engine is identical to the one used in TurboDB Studio.
For a complete list of features, please refer to the feature matrix.
:: Application Field
- Replacement of Paradox or dBase in existing database applications, to avoid installation problems, solve network problems, improve the performance or the database size or to make the program future-proof.
- Employment in new applications, if a true SQL database is required instead of proprietary file formats or if a big database server
is too cumbersome or too expensive.
- Use in scalable applications, where small and large databases must be used depending on the customer and the project size.
This Delphi database engine clearly exceeds the capabilities of Paradox and other database engines. You can for example restructure tables via the TdbTable component, store and process Unicode strings and create full-text indexes, which enable you to "google" for arbitrary keywords in the table.
As is the case with all dataweb database products, you buy a license per developer seat. The application you create based on our database can be distributed royalty-free, i.e. without any further fees.
:: Technology Partner
:: See also
→ Feature Matrix
→ Read documentation online